Thursday, August 2, 2007

My Last Boss before I Became a Retiree

I thank God for every blessing that He provides, for every person that comes along my way, and for the relationship I have with each person, whether he/she is very close to or at a distance from me.

My ex-boss is a kind and also a generous person. He takes the lead when paying for meals. He talks gently to his staff. He tries to build teamwork. However, people take all his goodness for granted just because he is kind or good. People always say kindness (or softness) can be a weakness. How true, in the eyes of those who take advantage of such actions!

My ex-boss does have some weaknesses. Sometimes, he is like Martha. He is not very organized in the work he wants to get done. He has his fears too (who doesn't!). He is forgiving too, is not harsh, maybe not firm.

But this does not mean, one should take advantage of his goodness and used his "weaknesses" as an excuse for not honoring him for the appointment he holds. This, I cannot understand. Maybe, I have similar aspects of him. But we should be thankful that we can at least taste his goodness.

May God continue to bless and guide him even when I am not around
(PS: He used to depend very much on me, even when he has to make important decisions.)

No comments: