Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Leadership in the Home (Ephesians 5:21-33)

Extracted from The Maxwell Leadership Bible

Contrary to what many teach, leadership in the home is not about power or control. Paul asks for mutual submission (Eph. 5:21) and calls husbands to be Christ-figures (5:23-25). And how did Christ lead the church? He provided, taught, wept, healed, and died on a cross. Spiritual leadership means giving up yourself for someone else (5:25). It means assuming responsibility for the health and development of your relationships. Evaluate your home leadership in each of the following categories:

1. Initiative
Do I give direction and take responsibility for my primary relationships?

2. Intimacy
Do I experience intimacy with God and others through open conversation?

3. Influence
Do I experience biblical influence by encouraging and developing others?

4. Integrity
Do I lead an honest life, unashamed of who I am when no one is looking?

5. Identity
Am I secure in who I am in Christ? Or am I defensive?

6. Inner Character
Do I exhibit the fruit of the Spirit in my life, including self-discipline?

No comments: