Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Accountability: Leaders Need Alarm Bells (Galatians 6:7-10)

Extracted from The Maxwell Leadership Bible

We can't pull a fast one on God. He sees all and cannot be deceived. He notices our shortcuts and also our efforts when we do well. To ensure that we live by this truth, seek others to hold you accountable and act as your "alarm bells." Invite others to ask you tough questions, such as the following:
  1. Is my personal walk with God up-to-date?
  2. Am I keeping my priorities straight?
  3. Am I asking myself the hard questions?
  4. Am I accountable to someone in authority?
  5. Am I sensitive to what God is is saying to the whole body of Christ?
  6. Am I over-concerned with building my image?
  7. Do I put more stock in "events" rather tha "process"?
  8. Am I a loner in my leadership and personal life?
  9. Am I aware and honest about my weaknesses?
  10. Is my calling constantly before me?

No comments: