Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Leadership Qualities and the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22,23)

Extracted from The Maxwell Leadership Bible

Probably the most memorable verses in this book are those that list the "fruit of the Spirit." Fruit results from planted seeds. When seed grow, they bear fruit. Fruit represents outward, visible behaviour. Every leader should embrace this marvelous list of inward qualities. Evaluate yourself against them:
  1. Love: Is my leadership motivated by love for people?
  2. Joy: Do I exhibit an unshakable joy, regardless of circumstances?
  3. Peace: Do people see my inward peace and take courage?
  4. Longsuffering: Do I wait patiently for results as I develop people or goals?
  5. Kindness: Am I caring and understanding toward everyone I meet?
  6. Goodness: Do I want the best for others and the organization?
  7. Faithfulness: Have I kept my commitments to the mission?
  8. Gentleness: Is my strength under control? Can I be both tough and tender?
  9. Self-Control: Am I disciplined to make progress toward my goals?

No comments: