Sunday, August 26, 2007

Equipping: The Leader's Job (Ephesians 4:12-16)

Extracted from The Maxwell Leadership Bible

Equipping is a tough job, much harder than shepherding. The leader is to equip others for ministry. Paul explains the goal for the shepherd (Eph. 4:12) and the goal of the sheep (4:13), then describes the result (4:14-16).

If leaders wish to equip their people, they must give them certain gifts:

1. I must CARE for them (Communication, Affirmation, Recognition, and Example).
2. I must work on their weaknesses, but work out their strengths.
3. I must give them myself (time, energy, and focus).
4. I must give them ownership of the ministry.
5. I must become a resource person (atmosphere, training, support, tools).
6. I must make expectations clear.
7. I must eliminate unnecessary burdens.
8. I must catch them doing something good, then reward them.

No comments: