Wednesday, July 18, 2007

One Week in Perth and Settling Back to Normality

These past 3 weeks had been quite busy, with my life and schedule turned quite upside down.

It was a great time enjoying the return of my two "darlings" to Singapore for their winter holidays (Must also remember and never forget the one big darling that brought these two small darlings out - me a very blessed man with 3 darlings! hmm! What more can a man ask for?), and our family trip in Perth when sending the two darlings back last week.

The 2 weeks with my two Ss (Sarah and Samantha) saw me visiting so many cities in Singapore (who says Singapore is a small city!) and pumping up my stomach. Actually, if one is not "fit" to take all these CCAs, one would need to pay a visit to both the stomach or orthopaedic surgeon. My poor stomach and feet! Frankly, walking and also swimming are very good for one's health. I am not so sure about eating or more so, gluttoning!

Well, Perth is still very much the same but for a few important changes as compared to the 5 months back when our family was there during the CNY period. This had been my 3rd trip this year. If it is to continue like that, I have better consider applying for Aussie PR. The buildings and 5th railway line in the city are still "under construction". In Singapore, if one builds at this pace, "mesti kena LD" already! The weather was cool and dry, between 6 and 20 deg C. You do not sweat even if you are walking far and for a continuously long period.

The coffee (long black, skinny and latte especially at Dome, Hampden Road near Trinity College, UWA and also everywhere else) is still just as good. Food in the food court still tastes the same except that prices seemed to have increased by 5%, especially their poh piah called wraps. I can say food Down Under is really fresh - vegetables and salads - so shiok, plus the milk, coffee, tea, meats - you cannot really find such quality in many places in Singapore. Of course, price not so shiok lah, except for the price of milk, biscuits and meats.

The bus/train fares have also gone up by 5% since 1 July (1 zone $2.10 to $2.20 and 2 zones $3.20 to $3.40). No wonder, the minimum wage is now $13.74 per hr. And in Aussie dollar, hor! One consolation - free bus rides within Perth CBD on any Transperth services or the 3 CAT services. At such high prices about $10 per meal, at least I can rest my stomach some what, but not my feet. As is our usual routine, Iynee reminded me to the infinity times that we must walk to King's Park and I "kay kiang" said, ok and why not walk till Currie Hall or UWA, a cool 6km from Hay Street. The time taken is about 2 hours. My poor feet! Other Singapore visitors to Perth go golfing and we walking -we are extraordinary folks, mate! Result - no weight gained and no weight loss, too. Ha! Ha!

So back to Singapore last Sat evening and first thing, Iynee said we "cheong" to TP Crystal Jade. Wah, we makan until our stomach showed some "pregnancy" features. Do you know that the heart to a woman is not just about diamonds nowadays but also through their stomach? Equality for the fairer sex, hor!

But alas, me being the Chairperson of Housekeeping at home (1 member only) suddenly or as after every holiday, decided to face reality. I had better get my house back to order - so the luggage storing, floor vacuuming and mopping, and clearing the two darlings' rooms returned - Return of Martha, oops more of Andrew! I shall do more in this area for the next few weeks, cleaning up the house slowly.

And finally with everything done for what had been left undone for the past 2 weeks and today, thank you, Lord, I have much peace of mind. So, I am back to my blog, reflecting and contemplating on what to do and to achieve next - talking like a normal achieving Singaporean, no more feeling like an Aussie good-day mate!

But not to forget, church work seems to flow in the minute I stepped out of the Qantas plane last Sat, and like an endless stream too. I shall detailed this another time. Good-day mate!



No comments: