Thursday, June 28, 2007

Why I Decided To Have A Blog

I started sending messages extracted from The Maxwell Leadership Bible to a group of about 20 colleagues in February 2006. I sent them daily until sometime in November 2006, the day before I left for Perth with my wife and soul mate, Iynee and younger daughter, Samantha.

We left to bring home my elder daughter, Sarah after an eventful year in college. It was a year of trials and trusting God for Sarah, and for Iynee and myself. Sarah is currently into her first year of studies at University of Western Australia, pursuing a B. of Arts (Comm Studies) course.

I felt this callling to share again the messages. I came to know about blogs of PEW and PRAY. I read them daily until one "vanished" ... forever. I thought blogging is really cool as youths (Sorry, PEW and PRAY - you are not in this group though your hearts and looks are) these days take to it like fishes in water. What better way to communicate than to "behave" like them! I was convinced that blogging is the way to go to reach out to all groups of people, from church, office, friends, etc. I also felt that leaders should blog to keep in touch with our youths, our future leaders, and maybe our children, loved ones and friends.

For my blog, my "Terms of Reference" are to share on:
1. Word of God
2. Leadership messages
3. Personal spiritual experiences with God
4. My other passions and interests and
5. Also to learn from others

God bless
Andrew

No comments: